Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Most decidedly NOT a rest day

Today was supposed to be a rest day, but I got the bright idea of going to run up the 'M' trail. I could have at least taken it the easy, aka long, way, but I decided to try my hand at running up the steep part. I had invited one of my new athletes to go along, and he came in to hit up the Back Squat 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 ahead of time, so I decided to join him in that, too. You know, to make it fair :)

WOD 090421

Back Squat 1-1-1-1-1-1-1
185-195-205f-205f-195f

Um, I guess back squat isn't going to happen today. My legs were pretty toast. I don't know why I tried.

Run up the 'M' the short way: 13:22
Run down the 'M' the long way: 9:20
Total run time: 22:42

Here's my brother and I doing "Helen" on Sunday:

Justin and Jenna do Helen from Bridger CrossFit on Vimeo.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Haskell said...

Love the uphill trail running. Skip the squats next time and see what kind of time you can post.

Sweet kips there, Jenna. Way to keep that stride going on the run, too. I did Fat Helen last week and I pretty much hobbled in the last round. Even with 1.5-pood, it would have looked much uglier.

April 21, 2009 at 9:45 PM  
Blogger jenna said...

Thanks, Patrick! I love to run, and when I run in a WOD I try to remember that no matter how fast I run I will be breathing hard when I get to the next exercise, so I might as well run fast!

Those kips felt pretty good. I have a weird right leg issue. My pullups are still improving though. Now that I've been working on chest to bar, the "regular" pullups are so much easier. And fast!

They sure got hard at the end...I was slipping off the pullup bar pretty bad. I'm not sure I could have managed a single more pull.

April 22, 2009 at 6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home