Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Snatch and "Helen"

The next 10 days are going to be absolute chaos. Meriah is out of town for 10 days, I have several training meetings set up to get MindBody Online up and running, I'm getting a haircut, I have to go buy food to keep up with my Paleo Diet....the list goes on and on. I'm definitely NOT looking forward to getting up at 5 a.m. for the next 5 days straight....but, I love my 5:30 a.m. clients so it's always a really good morning, once the coffee is made.

This morning I held a Nutrition clinic for my "I Am CrossFit" Challenge members. It went over really well, and all 4 participants are going to do the Paleo Diet for the next 6 weeks! Even my Mom and my Aunt have jumped onboard. I can't believe it!

I got home around 12 from the morning's festivities, and proceeded to sleep until 1:40. I was really tired! And, I can really sleep on this Paleo Diet!

WOD 090419 (tomorrow is our older dog's 7 year birthday! Happy Birthday Sam!)

Snatch 1-1-1-1-1-1-1
65-85-105f-105-105-115fx4-115PR-120f(a lot)

Yay, a PR!!!

Metcon:

"Helen"
3 Rounds for time of:
400m Run
21 KB swings
12 Pullups

8:14 (PR by 1:11)

I am really pleased with this. My goal was 8:35. My secondary goal was to do the whole thing unbroken, which I did. I almost stopped on the last set of pullups, but I decided I would rather fall off the pullup bar than voluntarily let go.

Overall, a very good day. I would say this Paleo thing is working for me :)

115# Snatch from Jenna Rettenmayer on Vimeo.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Haskell said...

Way to rock the double PRs. Really nice-looking snatch, too. Way to fight to stand it up.

April 20, 2009 at 5:07 AM  
Blogger Peyton Knippel said...

Beautiful!

April 20, 2009 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger jenna said...

Thanks guys! I was so pissed, I missed that Snatch, oh, 4 times....then I just had to go for it.

I love to snatch.....sigh.

April 20, 2009 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger Shana A. said...

NICE SNATCH, Jenna!!! Wow! I've never even attempted more than 95 lbs!

PS - you will love MindBody - it will make your life easier! (the hard part is getting your clients to use it - I stopped showing up to the gym when there was no one scheduled, that did the trick!)

April 20, 2009 at 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home