Thursday, April 16, 2009

Just Another Workout

Yesterday was Day 2 of the Paleo Diet. I feel really good. I have a LOT on my plate right now, so it's good to not have to think too much about my food.

And, because I have so much on my plate, this will be a really short post. Yesterday we did a WOD that we made up. We are evil. Very evil.

AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
5 Ring Dips
10 CTB Pullups
15 Front Squats, 65#

8 rounds

The last couple of rounds I did my ring dips 1 at a time. I managed to get more than 1 in a row for the first 6 rounds, so that was pretty good. I am sore today, but not like I used to be after a WOD with ring dips.

I know my pullup form is pretty terrible - at least when I do chest to bar. I need to work on my form, but at the same time, I need to keep the intensity of my workouts up at this point - get ready for the qualifiers. I'll keep working on my form in as skill-work, but during the workouts, I'm going to get my chest up there however I can.

The front squats were really hard - I would say they were the toughest part...but I think the ring dips were still harder. The front squats were definitely harder than I thought they would be.

Overall, I was pretty destroyed after this WOD. I had to push pretty hard to finish 8 rounds, that's for sure.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home