Thursday, April 2, 2009

No more HFCS, please!

Last night I caved and had a Knob Creek and Ginger. It was my boyfriend and my anniversary (28 months thank-you-very-much) and we had to celebrate. I had planned on not drinking at all starting April, up until the games. I don't drink much, but I really don't need the extra sugar at all.

I haven't actually had any sugar in a couple of weeks, except a couple of little bites of ice cream last weekend. I could hardly sleep last night, and I really think it was the sugar. Particularly because the ginger I had on hand was Canada Dry - full of High Fructose Corn Syrup. Yuck.

So, I'm seriously laying off the sugar now. I felt H.O.R.R.I.B.L.E. this morning. Absolutely terrible. And, usually, when I wake up feeling not-so-great, a good hard workout is able to get that right out of my system. Not so today. Afterwards, for about an hour, I wouldn't go more than 10 feet away from the bathroom. I was sure Mr. Pukie would visit. But, I was spared today. No Pukie.

WOD 090402

5 Rounds for time of:
105# Hang Squat Clean
15 ft rope climb, 3 ascents

16:09

You might recognize today's WOD from the mainsite on March 14. There's a really cool video of Dutch and Dave Castro doing this WOD. Dave actually doesn't use his feet for any of the rope climbs, except the very last one. Dutch gives in after round 1 and starts to use his feet. I used my feet because I've never done this many rope climbs in one day before, so I was a little nervous. Especially because of the heavy hang squat cleans. I believe that Women are supposed to use 100#, but I really hate putting the 2.5# plates on my bar.

I would also like to point out that I beat Dutch. Just sayin'.

This WOD was really hard. My grip was so tired at the end. The cleans were really hard, too, though I did get my first 9 all in a row. That was pretty cool! I feel like my cleans are really coming along nicely...

And, for your viewing pleasure...here is a video of my recent 3-Rep Deadlift PR. I look like a tank. Let's just say that's not my best angle.

Jenna Deadlift 215x3 from Jenna Rettenmayer on Vimeo.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home