Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mmmmm, coconut!

It never really got sunny but I did my afternoon Metcon anyway:

7 Rounds for time of:
65# Hang Power Snatch, 5 reps
7 Knees to elbows
9 Burpees

11:00

I was pretty hungry for this. I hadn't really eaten since 10 a.m., except for delicious bite of homemade coconut milk ice cream that I made. I got an ice cream maker for my birthday (Thank You Meriah!!!). (I think maybe she is trying to sabotage me?!?!???) The inaugural dish was chocolate coconut ice-milk, I shall call it, because there is no cream. However, I'm positive it is more than 12% fat, so legally it is ice-cream. Whatever.

Chocolate Coconut Ice-Milk
3 cups Coconut Milk (I use Thai Kitchen - the best! This is almost 2 cans. I just happened to have 1.75 cans open)
2/3 ish cup Cocoa Powder (I used Dagoba)
2/3 ish cup sugar (next time I will use Agave Nectar. I just didn't have any)
a bit of Pure Vanilla Extract

Precise, I know. It's the chemist in me ;)

I put it all in a blender, blended, poured into the pre-frozen ice cream machine, and viola! Dessert! It is done when it reaches a nice soft-serve consistency. I put it in the freezer to harden it up a bit, but I really prefer it when it is fresh.

Enjoy!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Meriah said...

If I wanted to sabbotage you, I'd go for your dog. haha ooh that was darker sounding that I thought.

I am trying to help you! A full Jenna is a happy Jenna, and a happy Jenna does strict muscle ups like nobody's business!

March 20, 2009 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger jenna said...

mmmm, speaking of full, happy Jenna. Meat log tonight! I can't wait! I am making my famous cole-slaw (non-paleo....i'm going to come up with a paleo recipe though). Right now though, i am going climbing at Spire. I kind of would rather be sleeping, but I'm trying to stay true to the "regularly learn and play new sports" part of my world-class fitness routine!

March 20, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home