Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week 3

I didn't get to quite finish my thoughts earlier on my birthday, and why we celebrate birthdays in the way that we do. Kind of like all holidays, everyone always tries to cram as much fun activity into one day as possible on their birthday. You know what I wanted to do? Nap. Eat a steak. Nap some more. Instead, I got up early, worked out, didn't have time for a good breakfast, went climbing, ate cake, ate at an italian restaurant, came home, thought about more cake, and went to bed. Climbing was fun, my cake was great, and I really appreciated the thought of being taken out to dinner. But, all I really wanted was a great big long fat nap.

It just made me think about how next year, I'm not going to do anything on my birthday. It'll be on a Thursday - very non exciting. I'd like to go climbing maybe, but that'll have to come after my nap. Because today, I woke up on the first day of my 25th year, feeling like crap. I would have much rather woken up refreshed and rested. Maybe I should have cake the day after my birthday :)

Back to business: my workout of the day.

Backsquat 5-5-5
  • 45x5x2
  • 75x5
  • 95x5x2
  • 115x3
  • 135x2
  • 155x5
  • 165x5
  • 175x4
I tweaked something in my back on the 4th rep at 175. Nothing major, and I don't know how it happened. It was a great squat - no bad form that I felt at all. I am pretty damn sure I could have gotten that 5th rep, but as I tried to squat it all I could think about was my back and I failed it. Next week.

Metcon

40-20-10 reps for time of:
Pushups
Situps
Wallball, 14#

11:05

I hate wallball. Our targets are extremely high - they are bottomed at 10', not centered. We use 14# balls. I'm short. On the upside, our wallball targets make every other wallball I've ever tried seem super easy. When I went to Front Range CF a couple of months ago, we did a WOD with wallball, and it was a joke! They use 12# balls and have targets centered at 10'. I'm going to keep it up with the 14# ball though, because that'll make everyone else's wall balls seem like a walk in the park.

My metcon today included a good sob session. I don't know why. Well, it was those damn wallballs, but that usually doesn't do it for me. I was just feeling extra emotional, and I was frustrated, and tired, and coming off a sugar high. Second day in a row that I shed tears in a workout. Very unlike me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home