Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Week 2, Day 1

It has been more than 1 week since starting the CFSB-ish program I am doing, but since I was in Utah and not doing my own programming last week, I didn't count it.

I have so much to do here at the gym, and so I haven't really gotten enough sleep/rest/food the last couple of days. I woke up feeling exhausted this morning. Luckily, Meriah came in at 6:30 to workout with me. She's the greatest :) I definitely would not have pushed as hard if I were working out alone.

Metcon - "Mary"
AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
5 Handstand Push Ups (HSPU)
10 Pistols (one legged squats), 5 each leg
15 Pullups

Meriah and I decided to scale this back. She was worried about 15 pullups each round, I was worried about 5 HSPU each round, so we both scaled it back so we were doing the same WOD.

"Mini-Mary"
AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
2 HSPU
4 Pistols
8 Pullups

16 Rounds + 1 HSPU

The HSPU felt great today. I can't believe I got through as many as I did. They definitely felt stronger than ever before. I did them to 1 Abmat, but I don't just touch and go - I rest on the abmat and then pushup (with a kip usually). I figure I compress the abmat enough that it's almost like doing them to the floor.

The pistols were easy - I should have done more per round. I could have handled 10, but then the rep scheme would have been all messed up!

I did all 8 pullups in a row each round. Most of them were chest to the bar, but towards the end my hands were starting to get really sore and feel like they might tear, so I didn't kip as hard.

Food yesterday:
  • Calories: 1824
  • Protein: 90 g (20%)
  • Carbs: 67 g (15%)
  • Fat: 131 g (65%)
Hmmm, weird. The calories seem low, carbs seem low, protein seems low. It all seems low. I was really hungry this morning, even after breakfast, so maybe I need to up the calories a bit!

Playing with HSPU from Jenna Rettenmayer on Vimeo.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home