Monday, February 23, 2009

Mikey's First Bike Ride

Today was SO MUCH FUN! Despite the fact that it's February, and I'm in Montana, it was 59 degrees today. (Global warming is a joke? Riiiiight.) Even though I had no time, and even though I had a gazillion things to do around the house and at the gym today, I had to get out on my bike. So, we loaded up the car and drove an hour west to Pipestone Pass, near Butte, MT. It's almost always dry out there, and as much as I dislike the motorcyclists that overtake the area on the weekends for most of the year, I have to admit that they make the most wonderful, flowy, smooth trails ever. We didn't head out until about 2 p.m., and not before doing my WOD:

Warm-Up
  • 50 Double Unders
  • Squats, burpees, pullups
Shoulder Press 5-5-5
  • Warm-up: 45x5x5, 50x3
  • 55x5
  • 60x5
  • 65x5
Shoulder Press 1x12 @ 45#

Shoulder work felt good. I really concentrated on having a good overhead position without a hyperextended back. I kept my abs tight and kept the weight overhead for a few seconds on each lift. I've just got to get stronger overhead.

Metcon:
7 Rounds For Time of:
65# SDLHP, 10 reps
10 Ring dips

9:12

I used a purple band to assist my ring dips for all but the first round. The first round alone took 2 minutes, and I was already down to doing singles for the ring dips. Not sure why those were so weak today. I threw on the purple band and went a LOT faster.

Skill Work: Pistols
  • Regular ol' Pistols, 5 each leg, consecutive
  • Overhead Pistol, PVC, 2 each leg
  • Overhead Pistol, 15# bar, 2 each leg

Check out the mad air I am getting! Okay, so the timing was bad. Mikey had a great time mountain biking; I had a blast getting out and getting small amounts of air; Sam, our older dog you can see in the background above, was WAY more energetic than ever before, and I was still able to beat Ben uphill :) Four for four.

Tomorrow I take off for skiing in Park City for 3 days. I'm planning a visit to CrossFit Park City as well as participating in a Dutch Lowy seminar on Saturday. Should be a great week. I doubt I will have much for internet access while on a "family" vacation (Ben's family), so I might not post again until I get back. I will try to leave you with an interesting video though. We'll see if Vimeo cooperates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home