Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Miranda"

Today's workout was courtesy of Miranda, some other girl (I forget who), and Ben. Sort of. Saturday at the training seminar with Dutch, we had to make up workouts. The workouts were supposed to be triplets that would take 7-9 minutes. All I can say is that Miranda is evil (in a good way).

Warm-Up
  • 500m Row
  • OHS with PVC
  • pushups
Back Squat 5-5-5
  • 45x5x2
  • 75x5
  • 95x5
  • 125x3
  • 145x1
  • 150x5
  • 160x5
  • 170x5 (recent PR)
It seemed to take me forever to warm up today. I did so many warm-up sets I was afraid I would wear myself down for the actual work sets. 145# seemed heavy, and 150x5 was hard, but do-able. 160x5 was really hard, and I was really nervous about doing 170 for a set of 5. I missed my 3rd rep on 170, as in I had to have my spotter help just a bit. I didn't get my hips underneath me and my torso was falling forward. But, I recovered and did 3 more reps to get the set of 5. Those last 3 reps felt the absolute easiest of the whole day. Amazing!

Metcon:

"Miranda"
3 Rounds for time:
10 Deadlifts, 165#
400m Run
20 Pushups

9:41

The Rx'd workout was actually at 175#, and with pullups instead of pushups. Everyone's hands are all torn up from yesterday, so we opted to do pushups instead. Also, I chose 165# because I wasn't sure I would be able to get through the first round of DL at 175# unbroken. I have never done a WOD with more than 10 reps of DL at any more than 155#, so this was a big step for me!

Skill Work:
HSPU
  • 2 HSPU to 1 abmat, no kip
  • 3 HSPU to 1 abmat, no kip
  • 3 HSPU to floor, with kip
I can't believe how these are coming along. I'm so proud of myself! Not to sound full of myself, but I have never had any appreciable upper body strength, and for a year my attempts at HSPU were nothing short of pathetic. It just goes to show you that if you put your mind to something, you can achieve it!

Okay, now for the boring diet stuff. Well, I don't think it's boring, but I think most people do! Food, yesterday:
  • Calories: 1736
  • Protein: 99 g (23.5%)
  • Carbs: 68 g (16%)
  • Fat: 113 g (60.5%)
Wow, really low. No wonder I was so hungry. I have been trying to stick with 11P/7C/34F (in the block system). Yesterday night though, I was so hungry immediately after dinner that I added in a 1 block snack. Very hungry today, and now I see why!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home