Thursday, March 5, 2009

Holy snow, Batman!

Woke up this morning to several inches of snow. I had the opportunity to go skiing with a couple of buddies who were playing hookie from work, but unfortunately I was too exhausted and my back was kinda hurting. I blame today's WOD.

I warmed up with some handstands on the parallettes. I've always been afraid to kick up into a handstand on them, even against the wall. Today, I overcame that fear!

WOD 090305

Deadlift 3-3-3
  • 75x5x2
  • 135x3x2
  • 155x1
  • 180x3
  • 190x3
  • 200x3
Well, that was better than last week. That's not a PR. I have pulled 200 for a set of 5 before - kind of recently, in fact. Oh well. I felt way better than last week.

Metcon:

"Texas-Cardio"
2 Cleans on the minute, every minute, for 10 minute.

I used 115#

This was....kind of hard, but kind of not. I failed 2 reps in the 6th minute. The first one I pulled and just didn't get under it. The second one I left too far out in front and couldn't stand up with it.

More skills:
Ring dips: 4 sets of 3

Food yesterday:
  • Calories: 1958
  • Protein: 104 g (21.8%)
  • Carbs: 75 g (15.7%)
  • Fat: 133 g (62.5%)
Still seems a bit lot, and it is really odd that I am following essentially the same diet as I was 2 weeks ago, but my calories are much lower. I clearly changed something about my weighing and measuring or planning, but I'm not sure what.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Haskell said...

I've been missing out on ski days due to my workouts, too. I consider that a failure of priorities. If I'm too busy working out to take a powder day, then I've gotten a little too uptight. This winter, I must be way too uptight.

Nice work getting a 200# DL for reps back. That Texas Cardio looks interesting. "Kind of hard but kind of not" makes it sound like you either need to add reps or weight. I've been doing density training with DLs, where you do, say 5 DLs every 2 minute and then add 5 pounds. Tweak taht workout right, and there will be no kinda about it.

March 6, 2009 at 3:54 AM  
Blogger jenna said...

The idea of skiing didn't occur to us until we were already working out and Meriah realized she wasn't going to be able to drive to work (really bad pass between here and there - not always worth the risk!)

That density training sounds hard. I will have to try it! The Texas Cardio idea comes from Dutch, who recommended 80-85% of max clean. I am not sure if I used 5 more pounds if I would have been able to finish. I'll have to try more next time.

March 7, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home