Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring, or not?

The sky just can't make up its mind about what it wants to do here in Bozeman. Yesterday morning it was practically spring, and then it snowed all day and night, and now it's almost springtime again. I'm fine with it being spring. I can't wait to open the garage door for most of the day and workout in the beautiful sunlight. Ahhh, spring in Montana.

Yesterday was a rest day for me, so I got a massage. I still can't walk. My calves are seriously messed up. I think I could probably run right now, but I can't seem to just walk. My massage therapist spent most of her time on my back - I've got some crazy knots in there. I'm not sure if it was the massage or "J.T." on Sunday, or both, but my left shoulder is kinda tweaked.

I ignored it though and still worked out today. It didn't really bother me in the workout. We did an old favorite - a repeat from Oct 21, 2008. The first time I saw this WOD prescribed was June 7, 2008, I remember because that was my Level 1 cert and I saw Jolie, Dave Castro, et al do the workout at lunch.

10 Rounds for time:
12 Pullups
12 Burpees

18:25

Last time: 22:37, so today was a PR by 4:12. Not bad. Also, I did 3 rounds of chest-to-bar pullups. I didn't do more than that because my hands were feeling really tender today, and CTB pullups are really hard on your hands. As it is, I had planned to do 1/2 the rounds CTB, but felt extremely close to ripping my left hand open on the bar as it was.

Then, I ate breakfast, took a nap, got up and ate lunch, and here I am. I never get enough sleep, so I have to get that nap in. My nap today wasn't long enough, but it's better than nothing. We're thinking about getting rid of our 5 a.m. class. It's just not busy enough to warrant keeping it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home