Thursday, March 26, 2009

How high?

Too much ice cream last night. I definitely wasn't feeling good this morning. At all. I also had a glass of wine last night - maybe that was it. I think it was probably the combination of the two. I hardly had any ice-cream at all - just one single 1/2 cup serving!

I'm considering going totally paleo again - that is, no dairy or legumes. I really hardly eat any dairy or legumes, but I'm wondering what a 1-month paleo challenge could do for my body composition and performance. Might as well make it last 7 weeks - all the way to the games.

WOD 090326

Front Squat 5-5-5
  • 45x5x2
  • 75x5
  • 95x3
  • 125x2
  • 135x5
  • 150x5 (PR)
Back Squat 135#, 15 reps. I almost went for 20 reps, but again I kinda tweaked my back (what the hell am I doing?), and I wasn't sure if I should keep going. I wasn't sure I could make it 20 reps without reaching muscle failure, but I probably could have. I wasn't sure if I should go to failure or not - I'm thinking that's kind of the point. Anyway, I'm pretty stoked on this, because this is more than bodyweight!!!

5 Rounds for time of:
3 Power Cleans, 105#
5 Box Jumps, 29 inch box
7 Burpees

6:49

This was pretty hard, but it didn't really get hard until round 4. I probably could have gone a bit faster, but at the same time, I had to rest for the tall box jumps and the heavy power cleans. So maybe I couldn't go any faster. I collapsed on the ground at the end, as usual, so that means I tried pretty hard.

I had a post-workout meal of 1 7oz container of Fage greek yogurt (yum!) with a small banana and honey. Not very paleo, I know. I had a big craving, and I like to listen to my cravings (as long as I'm not craving girl scout cookies and pizza, anyway). It was delicious, but now I am seriously craving vegetables!

Oh yeah, here's a video of my recent DL PR:


Jenna picks up 225# (watch out ben dodge! here I come!) from Jenna Rettenmayer on Vimeo.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peyton Knippel said...

Great Job on the PR. Did I just read that you're competing in the games? Also, the Meriah McLeish you mentioned in your blog...is that any relation to the Mike McLeish that runs CFEC down here in Valparaiso?

March 27, 2009 at 4:00 AM  
Blogger Patrick Haskell said...

Hoo boy, you made that lift look EASY.

March 27, 2009 at 4:27 AM  
Blogger jenna said...

Peyton - yep, brother and sisters! And yeah, I am competing in the games qualifiers - hopefully the games too, but we'll see about that!

Patrick - it kinda was easy. For some reason 235# wouldn't budge though. Stupid brain.

March 27, 2009 at 4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home