Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I heart HSPU

This post will have to be short and sweet. I am buried up to my eyeballs in stuff to do. Meriah and I headed to the gymnastics cert this weekend in Denver, CO. It was such a good time - I had no idea I could do even half of the stuff that I ended up doing this weekend. My handstands improved tenfold. My pullups also improved, and yesterday I easily linked 10 chest-to-bar kipping pullups, and I had plenty more in me.

One of the highlights of the weekend was on Friday night. Meriah and I stayed with my good friend Nicole Gibson, who currently owns Garage 4150, and is in the process of affiliating with CrossFit HQ. We arrived in Boulder around 5 p.m., and decided to do the mainsite WOD, the CrossFit Total. I was nervous, because Nicole and Meriah both kick my butt in the total.

CrossFit Total:
Back squat, 1 rep
Shoulder Press, 1 rep
Deadlift, 1 rep

Back Squat 185-195-205
Shoulder Press 80-85-90PR
Deadlift 230PR-235PR-245PR
Total: 540

I asked Meriah to set my bar up for me for the DL. I have a mental block against the Deadlift (which, maybe I have overcome now). I told her I'd like to start somewhere in the neighborhood of 210-220. She put 230 on the bar, and when I lifted it, I was pretty sure she had put on 210. Sneaky Meriah, tricked me into 3 consecutive PRs. I still can't believe I picked up 245#. We have video to prove it, but Nicole has to send it to me. She did send me one video, I believe it's me picking up 235#:

Jenna Deadlifts 235# from Jenna Rettenmayer on Vimeo.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Haskell said...

That looked downright E-a-s-y. How 'bout that strength bias? Can I get a "Hell yeah!"? Next up, blindfolded squats. Time for a shiny new PR there, too. Great work (but check your math).

April 14, 2009 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger jenna said...

Oops, thanks. For some reason I keep thinking my total is 560....probably because I desperately want it to be.

Hell yeah!

April 14, 2009 at 3:16 PM  
Blogger Peyton Knippel said...

Congrats on the PR!

April 14, 2009 at 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home