Monday, April 6, 2009

And another one bites the dust

Today was a big day. I decided to hit another girl AND I decided that I would do the WOD with the 9 a.m. class. Last week, my regular 9 a.m. guy, Matt, commented that he had never gotten to workout with me, whereas he has worked out with Ben and Justin, our 2 male coaches. I decided that today would be a good day to workout with him, because I didn't do any strength work ahead of time. He's often the only one at the 9 a.m..

WOD 090406

"Cindy"
AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
5 Pullups
10 Pushups
15 Squats

21 Rounds. PR by 4 rounds.

Matt got 15 rounds, which is a PR by 5 rounds!!!

My strategy was to do 20 rounds of Cindy, no matter how long it took me. If I got 20 rounds before the 20 minutes was up, I decided I was just going to keep going and see how many I could get. I got 21 rounds with 30 seconds to spare, which isn't quite enough time for a round. I probably should have pushed it to see how far I got, but I just did the pullups and then called it good. The pushups are what get me, and I thought that 210 pushups was good for one day - especially because my pecs are really sore from "Elizabeth" on Saturday.

Here's a video of most of my last round of Elizabeth. My brother took the video, and I haven't processed it at all. Here it is:

Jenna Finishes "Elizabeth"...One. Ring dip. At a time. from Jenna Rettenmayer on Vimeo.

My ring dips are much stronger looking than they feel. That gives me confidence. Now, if only my HSPU would feel/look like that!

7 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Great job on Elizabeth, Jenna! you made those cleans look easy.

btw, ms. "I've gained 7lbs of fat and am eating too much"... have you seen your own abs? you are ripped missy. So now stop being silly and keep shovelling in the peanut butter.

Your PRs and your abs tell me that you are not eating too much and that you a)look fabulous and b) are a firebreather

cut your calories now and you may be shooting yourself in the foot - the crossfit games does not care what the scale says. The crossfit games says, pick up that 100lb barbell and put it over your head - whether you weigh 125 or 135

plus bf% scales are bogus. And weighing in the morning V after lunch = 2-3# variance

so. you are freaking about nothing (i would do the same, but just wanted to inform you)

Laura K

April 6, 2009 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger jenna said...

Awww, Laura, you are sweet! Thanks for your input. That's kind of what I was thinking after Cindy today....

Stop talking about 100# barbells.....you're giving me flashbacks to Heavy squat Grace that I did last week...that was awful.

;)

Off to find peanut butter...

April 6, 2009 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger Meriah said...

Laura,

THANK YOU! You just said everything I tell her!

You can't be able do laundry on yourself and call your self fat! When the earth shakes when you walk, then we'll talk, but until then you are going to have the cleanest clothes in Bozeman.

Now give me 20 burpees for calling yourself fat, and not listen to me. Jenna not Laura. Laura you ROCK!

April 6, 2009 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger Patrick Haskell said...

Oh, you measured on an impedence scale? Throw that thing out. It's useless. You probably added muscle where it can't measure it. Laura is right. You've got photographic evidence that there isn't 5# to lose. More importantly, you are setting BW PRs. That's something with which you simply can't argue.

April 6, 2009 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger jenna said...

I'll do my burpees later...after my massage :)

And for the record...I've kind of always had a 6 pack. So, I don't really go off of that. I have an unusually skinny belly (at least that's what the DEXA scan said).

Thanks guys. You guys all rock!

April 6, 2009 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I just started crossfit in Virginia about two weeks ago, and I'm so impressed! How long did it take you to be able to do workouts with the prescribed weights? Did you do exercise in addition to the W.O.D. to build your strength?
You look great!
Ellen

April 7, 2009 at 7:09 AM  
Blogger jenna said...

Hi Ellen,

It took almost a year to be able to do all the WODs with the prescribed weight, and even still, I have yet to do them all. It's a long road - no need to rush it.

I didn't do any other exercises though...i mean, besides some "greasing the groove" and doing pullups, ring dips, etc. Nothing major. Just find a few things you are bad at, work them until you're not bad at them anymore, and then move on to something else.

Have fun and good luck!

Jenna

April 7, 2009 at 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home