Saturday, April 18, 2009

D.T.

This morning we had a gymnastics seminar at the gym, to impart all of that wonderful knowledge we gained at last weekend's gymnastics cert to our outstanding athletes. We had 12 people in attendance, which pretty much blew my expectations out of the water! It was great!

AND, I did a skin the cat today, on the rings, all by myself! It was awesome!

Then, this afternoon, we hit up D.T.

WOD 090418

"D.T."
5 Rounds for time of:
105# Deadlift, 12 reps
105# Hang Power Clean, 9 Reps
105# Push Jerk, 6 reps

16:00

Bah. That sucked. It took me until the 3rd round to feel like I could even handle the weight. I kinda sorta forgot to practice my power cleans and push jerks before the 3-2-1-go! I don't know what happened - I wasn't thinking.

The weight was definitely too heavy to keep good form, but I am really feeling it in my legs, so I am happy enough that I stuck with this weight. It was a good workout - definitely made me stronger.

I've got to cut this short. I've got to hold a Nutrition Clinic tomorrow morning at 8 a.m.!!! I'm not quite ready yet....

3 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Haskell said...

Might have felt sucky, but 16 minutes is a respectable time on that beastly workout. I had the same issue with being shocked by the weight - not realizing how well I could jerk it until the later rounds. The HPC, on the other hand, never got easier.

April 19, 2009 at 4:19 AM  
Blogger Shana A. said...

I agree with Patrick! There were only 2 women in our whole box that were able to do that wod as prescribed - and you smoked it! Well done!

Wanted to say thanks for checking out my blog and showing support - I can't believe I am just now discovering yours! I am def going to keep checking on you ... are you trying to qualify? When are regionals for ya'll?

April 19, 2009 at 4:47 PM  
Blogger jenna said...

Thanks Patrick and Shana! That 105# was definitely heavy...but, I'm sure it made me stronger!

Yes, I am trying to qualify...but don't tell anybody! I am competing in the Rocky Mountain Regionals...they are May 16 and 17.

Ya'll should see my bruises from the HPC and PJ in D.T. I look battered....ouch!

April 19, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home