Wednesday, April 22, 2009

No news and big news

Another busy day, but today marked the end of the really busy streak. Now it's back to normal...

I was so incredibly sore this morning from yesterday's rest day, err, squats and trail run. I decided to tackle the 100 Inverted Burpees for time. I had heard from others that it wasn't necessarily a very hard WOD, so it sounded like the perfect thing to loosen me up.

7:30 a.m., WOD 090422 Part 1

100 Inverted Burpees, for time.

12:25

I didn't kip to standing, because I can't really, but I did roll onto both feet. I also used a wall, because I thought it would take me too long to do free standing handstands. My kick-up to the wall was nice and smooth and I made sure to keep a fairly decent handstand the whole time.

Then, 1 nap for time. 1 hour :) Actually, it was a pretty lousy nap. It's all I had time for - back to the office for some more computer work.

7:30 p.m., WOD 090422 Part 2

Snatch, figure out what weight to start with for meet on Saturday.

65-85power-85power-85-100-100-100-110f

Not happy with that 110 fail, but even 85 felt really heavy today. I was feeling exhausted, like I shouldn't even be lifting. I got 100 pretty easily 3 times, so I'm thinking 45kg would be a good starting weight for Saturday. I was hoping to go up to 50kg after that, and then maybe 52.5 or 55 after that. 55kg would be a PR, but I know I have it in me.

Clean and Jerk, go for a 1 rep max

95-105-115-125f-125-130PR-135PR-140f-140PR

Even 125 was a PR since I opened up Bridger CrossFit. I've got video....but I'll save that for a rest day :)

Tomorrow: "Angie" I was hoping to tackle her when I felt fresh. Hopefully I can still get a good time tomorrow. If not, I'll at least die trying...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ev said...

Nice C&J! As for the snatches, that sounds really heavy to me but I get that it didn't feel like a good day. Another day. They can't all be badass days ;)

April 23, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home