Tuesday, April 28, 2009

More Snow?!?!?

I am really sick and tired of all this snow we've been getting! Despite the bad weather, Justin and I stuck it out and did "Nancy" this morning. What's "funny" is that the last, and only other time, that I did Nancy, it was the day after the last, and only other time, that I have done the "Filthy Fifty".

I nearly took the day off. My back is killing me from where I dropped 105# snatch on it in February. (Maybe I should go see a chiropractor!) My hip flexors are super tight, I think from the meet on Saturday. Other than that, I feel okay, except I am just tired.

I decided instead that I would do "Nancy", because I'm going to have to get used to working out in less-than-ideal physical condition. Plus, I wanted to practice my overhead squats. I knew from the get-go that I wasn't going to be able to hit her at 100% intensity, but I was hoping that doing a WOD, even half-heartedly, would loosen me up and make me feel better afterwards.

Buy-In: Gymnastics kip, Chest-to-Bar pullup practice

"Nancy"
5 Rounds for time of:
400m Run
15 Overhead Squats, 65#

12:54

PR by 1:30

I was hoping for under 12. I did have a snafu with the dog in the first round. I decided to take Mikey on the run with me, on a leash. He kept running in front of me, which was rather annoying. Then, when we got back, he decided the best place to park it was directly in front of me. I was squatting pretty slowly, afraid of dumping the bar on his head. And THEN, my brother took off on round 2, and of course Mikey took off after him. I had to bail, run after the dog, throw him in the office, and go back to squatting. I doubt I would have been sub-12 even without all that commotion, but I think I could have dropped a good 20-30 seconds at least.

Last time I did this it was in 14:24, so I guess this is a good improvement, especially considering how I felt today. AND, it was snowing, which always makes an out-and-back sprint extra fun. Nothing like a good reaction-time test at the 200m mark.

Next time I do "Nancy", I'm not doing the Filthy Fifty first.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Haskell said...

Good way to turn up the volume and still dig-down and get a PR. I need to get in a couple two-a-days the next couple of weeks to familiarize my body with the same-day recovery routine.

April 28, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home