Saturday, July 11, 2009

5 down, 0 to go

I survived the whole first day of WODs! The sandbag hill run didn't treat me as well as I had hoped, but I maintained my position in 33rd place.

The row/stake hammer/row workout was horrible. I got off the rower in 2nd to last place, but it was close of course because it was only a 500m. I had a hard time getting the stake started...it fell out 3 times. I think I had a tough piece of ground because I was hitting that damn stake so hard and it wasn't moving more than half an inch each time, where other people's were moving several inches. That workout moved me to 44th place, but that was good enough to do the 5th workout.

The 5th workout was 3 rounds for time of: 30 wallball and 30 hang squat snatches, but each snatch had to start below knee, but not on ground. I was 21 snatches away from making the cutoff. It wouldn't be so bad if that weren't the 5th WOD of the day.

I'm pretty sure that I won't be in the top 16 and therefore competing tomorrow. That's ok. I'm just glad it's over.

4 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Haskell said...

Great job, Jenna. ("I'm just glad it's over" - I can totally relate.) Sounds like your training already has you primed for the Ridge Run. Hope you feel proud of your training and performance. That's a brutal set of tasks, and you finished in the top half of the draw. (Wow.) Enjoy being a spectator today.

July 12, 2009 at 4:30 AM  
Blogger Jimi said...

Well done! Too bad if you don't make it into Sunday's WODs but still a crazy accomplishment just to make it through all 5 of Saturday's. You must be wrecked.

July 12, 2009 at 7:33 AM  
Blogger Shana A. said...

Jenna, you are a rock star. Any person that suffered through all 5 of those workouts deserves $5,000.00 !!! I'm not going to hold my breath but I am proud of us! It was a pleasure suffering through it with you!

July 12, 2009 at 7:29 PM  
Blogger Peyton Knippel said...

Great job at the games. Hell, just qualifying to compete is awesome enough. Of all the CF'ers in the world, just think of that small percent even selected to compete in the worlds fittest games. Awesome!

July 17, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home