Sunday, June 28, 2009

T minus 13 days

I can't believe the Games are less than 2 weeks away. I've been so busy lately, I've been neglecting my blog. That, and now I'm working out alone most of the time, so I don't have any good photos to post.

Thursday, 090625

WOD: Modified "Nate"

AMRAP in 20 minutes of:

2 Muscle Ups
2 HSPU (to the floor!)
8 KB swings, 1.5 pood

I got 9 rounds, almost on the dot. I would have probably gone for another muscle up, but I tore my wrist open on round 9. Ouch, that hurts.

Friday: Rest

Saturday:

Warm-Up: Not much, I was feeling rushed. My brother was back in town and we were going to workout together. I have started doing a much longer warm up than I used to do, and Justin just kind of waits for 321go, and then he's good to go.

WOD:

30 Pullups
50 Double Unders
21 Thrusters, 75#
50 Double Unders
21 Hang Power Cleans, 75#
50 Double Unders
21 Overhead Squats, 75#
50 Double Unders
30 Pullups

12:48

My legs were pretty toast after this. They were like jello! I didn't realize how hard it was until much later, going up and down the stairs, my legs were shaky. Great WOD. Try it, let me know how it goes!

Today 090628

Warm Up:
  • Row 1000m in about 4:50
  • Dynamic mobility work
Skill work:
  • Clean Pulls 5-5-5-5-5
  • 115-125-135-145-155
  • Clean, 125#, 4 singles. 2 squat cleans, 2 power cleans
  • Snatch Pulls 5-5-5-5-5
  • 85-85-95-105-115
  • Snach, 95#, 4 singles. 2 power snatches, 1 split snatch, 1 squat snatch
WOD: Death by Rowing
  • Row 1 calorie the first minute, 2 calories the 2nd minute, etc, continuing until you cannot row the required number of calories in the minute.
  • I got 14 rounds, and 13 calories in the 15th round.
  • That was hard.
Afterwards, Sammy and Mikey helped me stretch:

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Haskell said...

Good lord, you crushed that double under, pullup, barbell WOD. Your training is really coming together in time for the Games.

I really like the oly workout, where you tire yourself out before doing the full lifts. Great way to focus on form.

Rest that wrist.

June 29, 2009 at 4:43 AM  
Blogger jenna said...

Patrick,

Really? You think that was a good time....I'm never sure anymore.....I linked my double unders pretty well, so at least I have that going for me.

You should try that death by rowing WOD. Brutal.

How's everything going with you? Work finally slowing down?

June 29, 2009 at 8:22 AM  
Blogger Shana A. said...

Whatcha up to lately!!??!!

July 6, 2009 at 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home