Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One year of CrossFit!

Sunday was my 1 year CrossFit Anniversary. It's hard to believe that just one year ago I was so sore I couldn't move, I still thought of CrossFit as something I would do just once or twice a week, and couldn't do a pullup (I could barely do one jumping pullup).

And now, I own a CrossFit affiliate and training has become my full-time job. I love it. It's really tiring at times, especially when my blood sugar drops and I get really exhausted. But, it's so rewarding. I love coaching people to a PR, or coaching them through something they never thought they could do.

And, now, I CrossFit 3 days on, 1 day off, like clockwork. I hate missing workouts. I have to remind myself that I CrossFit to prepare myself better for my primary sport - downhill mountain biking. Well, mountain biking in general, but DH racing is just tops. I WILL miss workouts this summer in order to go mountain biking. That's life, and that's okay with me.

I guess here is a great place to list my 2009 goals, for CrossFit and for Mountain Biking.

Strength:
  • 225lb DeadLift
  • 225lb Back Squat
  • 200lb Front Squat
  • 150lb Clean and Jerk
Benchmark WOD:
  • Sub 4-minute Fran
  • Sub 4-minute Grace
  • Elizabeth and Diane as Rx'd
  • Cindy: 20 rounds
  • Helen in 8:20
  • Sub 20-minute Angie
  • Sub 4 minute rounds of Barbara
  • Isabel as Rx'd
Other CrossFit:
  • 5 Muscle-Ups in a row
  • A strict Muscle Up
  • Sub 10-minute Nasty Girls
  • Top 5 at the Rocky Mountain Regional CrossFit Games Qualifier
  • Level 2 cert, KB cert, Oly cert, Kids cert!
Running:
  • Bridger Ridge Run in 4:45
  • Sub 6-minute mile
  • Sub 20-minute 5k
Mountain Biking:
  • Joyride Ladder Drop
  • Clear every jump in A-line
  • Beat my local rival in a race.
_________________________________________

Today's WOD

Warm-Up
  • Row 5 minutes
  • Air Squats
  • Pullup work with bands and on rings
  • Burpees
  • Wallball, 14#
Back Squat 5-5-5-5-5
  • 125x5
  • 135x5
  • 145x5
  • 155x5
  • 165x5
That 165# was hard. My all-time max is 208. I have LONG ways to go to get that back. Not even sure that's a good idea. I don't want to sacrifice strength for speed in the WODs.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Wow, quite a long set of goals for 2009. I think you're going to do really really well at the Quals, and I hope you make it to Aromas.

Any returns to tris for 09?

DC

February 11, 2009 at 3:42 PM  
Blogger Patrick Haskell said...

Serious goals. Love the new blog. Guess you're one of the cool kids now.

BTW, there's no being afraid of strength. As long as you don't train it so exclusively that you lose agility, flexibility, speed, or endurance, getting stronger is an unmitigated good. Get that 200# BS back.

February 11, 2009 at 4:15 PM  
Blogger jenna said...

Dave - actually, I'm thinking about jumping in some tris this summer. There's a brand-new half ironman being held locally! I might just have to test my endurance. There's also some local shorter distance tris - an olympic distance, and a sprint-ish off-road triathlon. That one sounds fun.

Patrick - thanks! I've been reading up on that CFSB program that you mentioned in your blog. I might have to give that a go. I love being strong - I want to get stronger.

February 11, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home